Friday, August 13, 2010

Drinks Only: Where's The Alcohol To Forget This Drink?



The other night was was milling around Whole Foods looking for a midnight snack when I spotted this in the refrigerated section... "Honeydew Agua Fresca"" OOOooOoO! " I thought, " Honeydew juice??" I quickly snatched one along with 4 different cake slices ( hey...I was HUNGRY okay??) and headed upstairs to the dining area.
Honeydew Agua Fresca
The ingredients read: "water, honeydew, sugar, lime juice". I took a sip.... and cringed. It tasted like rotting pulp of honeydew mixed with bad margarita mix. I wished I had some tequila in there to help me forget this drink. Overly sweetened and the "lime" juice tasted like it was from one of those crappy fake lime bottles. Never again.
Price: $1.99
Verdict: They also had "Fresh Watermelon Juice" but it looked pretty gross, and considering how this juice tasted.... the watermelon probably isn't any better.
Whole Foods
95 E Houston Street
New York NY 10002
www.wholefoods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment