Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blackhound: Who Doesn't Love Free Samples?



Doo, do, doo.. walking down 2nd Avenue and I looked to my right, hmm, this looks like an abandoned/ just new store. Wait... are those cakes in the window??
Com'on, look at the entrance, who would have thought there were delicious treats in here?




Praline Cake
On the counter there were free slices of cake! Who doesn't love free cake? A smelly weird women in the store took 4 pieces and ran out. I probably would have done the same thing, but I have some self control... I think...
Airy, moist, nutty and spongy. Now I know why the smelly woman took so many slices! Alas I did not want to spend over 10 dollars on dessert that night.


Display of gorgeous delicious cakes. Check out the Cafe Mousse, so freaking cute!


The mini cake balls more in my price range, $3.50 a piece. Now... which one do I choose?


Snowball Cake
After talking to the guy behind the counter, he convinced me to get the snowball cake. Though he said the checkerboard ball was the most popular, this one was his favorite, so I went with the underdog on this one. This was chocolate cake made with white chocolate buttercream and sliced almonds. Dense, moist and with a great nutty crunch from the almonds. Would I go back for this? Probably not. This was a solid cake slice, but there was nothing special about this in particular.
Price: $3.50
Verdict: I would definitely come back to try their mini specialty cakes, and they also sell individual cookies by the pound!  The people working there were are very friendly, patient and were great at helping  to make a choice for you.

Blackhound
170 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10003
www.blackhoundny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment