Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Renaissance Time Square Hote, RLoungel: Free Food and Drinks? Where Do I Sign Up?!





A couple of weeks ago, my former boss Ana invited me and the rest of the crew to a free happy hour at R Lounge in Renaissance Hotel. Free? Food? Liquor? FREE?! I was totally in.

*just a note, I forgot to write down the prices and name descriptions, so all of these are just educated estimates. Their website isn't up yet with the menu.

Strawberry Alcoholic Concoction

Acai Martini
I got this... and boy was this filled with alcohol. If you really want to get hammered and crunk with Britney ( for those of you who know what I'm talkin about) then just 2 of these babies will do the trick. I couldn't even finish my one drink! 
Price: $10.00

Queso Dip
Nice, cheesy, gooey dip, freshly fried torilla chips hit the spot and pairs perfectly with beer.
Price: $ 8.00

Calamari
The marinara sauce was the kind that I would totally want to pour over pasta. Light, not too sweet and not too sour. The calamari were chewy, and a nice size.
Price: $10.00

Beef Sliders

Rock Shrimp
Okay, so 2 of us at the table ordered the shrimp. I only got 4 shrimp, and they got 5!! I totally felt ripped off. Granted, they did just open, so maybe they are working out the kinks in the kitchen. But still for the money, I hope everyone eventually get 5 shrimp. This came with a side of mayo and cocktail sauce. For what it's worth, the shrimp were huge.
Price: $10.00

Hummus Toast
A little too excited, someone already took a piece before I could take the picture

Pork Chips
This was deep fried and topped with cheese and spices. Like a rich mans pork rinds.
Price: $8.00

Pulled Pork Sliders

Chicken Wings
4 hole chicken wings. Too much breading, not enough meat! The breading was also tasteless, but the honey helped.
Price: $8.00

Pigging out, a girls other favorite hobby other then shopping.

Fried Peas
Tempura battered, with a side of mayo (??) Now eating vegetables can be yummy!
Price: $6.00

Chicken Burgers

My first touristy picture, ever. Not a bad view at all.
My former co-workers! Aww, I miss them.  From left: Aaron, Janelle, Me, Priscilla, Giselle, Ana, Donna, Carly, Cherry, and Kristina

The Lobby
Hanging testicles, and ass shaped pillars. I guess all the sexual innuendos are supposed to help you get laid ( with the help of that acai drink!) 
Verdict: I normally would never suggest voluntarily going to Times Square, but if you happen to be in the area and are in desperate need of a drink, snack, and hanging balls, this is the place to go. The view is amazing and not too crowded when I went on a Thursday night. There was a DJ there, but he kind of sucked so maybe they fired him, or hopefully he picks better songs. 
The R Lounge at Renaissance Hotel
714 Seventh Ave
New York, NY 10036

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a blast!! i love your touristy picture :) And OMG can i please say that I totally want that strawberry concoction! Was it amazzzing! I wannnnnt it right now!

    ReplyDelete