Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ciao for Now: Yum in My Tum!


A couple of weekends ago, Buddy and I headed over to Ciao for Now, a little cafe in the East Village. I actually got a Groupon for them for 30 dollars worth of food, so I was ready to pig out! When we got there is was pretty busy and surprisingly crowded...

 Aww, they have my favorite flowers ever! I love love love orchids.

 Almond Brioche French Toast
We got the brunch specials which comes with orange juice and fruit. Buddy got the french toast, they were HUGE. However, they were not as toasted as I would have liked them to be.A little too soft, but still satisfying.
Price: $9.50

Extreme Green Omelette
The omelette was made with spinach, leeks, asparagus, and broccoli. The eggs were  over cooked but the flavors in the vegetables really came threw. I guess I can't complain since I ended up eating every last bite. (But then again, I hadn't eaten since the night before at 6 and it was going on 2pm the next day).... anyway, it was good, but I wouldn't get it again.
Price: $9.50

Verdict: Well, before I forget, the winner of this place are definitely the banana muffins! I didn't get a chance to take a picture of them (since I devoured it the moment I took the first bite)... soo.. here's a picture of a muffin?

well, it was delicious.

Ciao For Now
 523 E 12th St
New York NY 10009
(also various locations)

No comments:

Post a Comment